Wednesday, March 12, 2008

FUNNY! (2)

Ok... as far as the print ads go, I came up with photography based ideas for both the restaurant and the animal hospital. I'm hopefully going to shoot for Andre's this weekend. Therefore, I probably won't have anything for Andre's on the blog till next week. However, I've tried all semester to keep the similarities between Andre's and the animal hospital to a minimum. Therefore, I'd rather do something else that shoot photos for the Animal Hospital. I came up for these silly ideas of how pets often get into trouble (and end up hurt) and thought these could make for some funny, silly illustrations. I did some rough sketches and scanned some stuff in, but I really threw these 2 files together in illustrator in less than half an hour, so it's pretty much a rough draft.

I should have up about 4 or 5 more of these tomorrow on the blog. I don't know if any animal hospital would actually use something as silly as this, but funny ads often grab my attention a lot quicker that ones that are overly serious. I'd assume the hierarchy would go something like SEXY, FUNNY, EVERYTHING ELSE.

Anyway, either I'm going to get laughed at for thinking this could work as an advertisement, or maybe someone will like them. I haven't had the opportunity to add some humor in my artwork since taking Jeff's illustration class last semester, so even if I don't use these or go in this direction, it's something I enjoyed doing.

More tomorrow...

It feels odd not posting a picture so ummm... I'm going to post this logo I did for a friend's failed internet company. This file is dated DECEMBER 16, 1999.



In 1999, I thought this was THE SH%#! hahahah...

P.S: Am I the only one that can never spell the word restaurant? Spell check FTW!

No comments: