Monday, March 31, 2008

plush.

I didn't really design much over this weekend... I just got stuff ready for my portfolio... I printed and cut about 13 boards, which seemed like it took forever... Gregg really instilled in me the importance of craft when making boards so it takes me forever to cut my stuff down even though I have a mat cutter... the cuts just have to be perfect I guess... I cut 4 boards for 3200 on matte paper  and 9 for my portfolio on semilgloss... however, I did do some other work as well... 

So I went into Petsmart today to look around for some inspiration for my specialty project... I decided it might be a good idea to do some chew toys, pillows, catnip sacks or whatever for the animal hospital.. I bought some of that "Ink Aid" stuff that Jared told our class about because it was like 60% off the last time I went to Sam Flax... so I decided to use it today...  I went to the store kinda late and since stuff closes early on Sundays, I could only get some fabric from Walmart... My local Walmart doesn't sell fabric anymore, so I just bought a bed sheet for like $3 and they happened to have some polyester stuffing for abnout $2.50 as well...

My grandma taught me how to sew years ago.. like when I was a small child... I wouldn't say that I know how to sew.. but I know how to stitch something together... so I made a catnip/pillow for a cats and it tured out pretty well.. I had to stitch it then turn it inside out, stuff it, then close the stitch.. which i didn't really know how to do correctly, but I was able to make it look half decent.  I'd rather get another fabric and this was just going to be a prototype, but it came out suprisingly nice... Here's my work over the weekend...








I also spent about 15 whole minutes making an old poster for 3150 look better.. I'm going to be redesigning my old 3150 work over the next week to get it ready for my portfolio... unlike most people, I took into to type last spring instead of this semester, so this stuff really looks dated and unappealing compared to my work from this year.. I wonder if this looks ok? I know gradients are like that anticrist for some reason, but I think it look halfway ok.. ha!

No comments: