Monday, October 6, 2008

actionscript sucks.

So I found this nice little tutorial over the weekend on how to make fighting game in flash.  I had planned to use this to finish my project for Paige's class.  So I drew all the frames of the animations for me hero and villians.. scanned them in.. colored them.. animated them into little movie clips and wanted to finish everything up tonight.

Turns out the code in the tutorial is actionscript 2 instead of actionscript 3... and Flash CS3 is too stupid to accept the code.  All I've been trying to do tonight was make my character move on screen...  So..there's a few logical solutions to this...

Attempt #1 (about 1.5 hours of time):

-try to convert some of the AS2 commands to AS3 by parsing through the various AS errors that come up every damn time I try to run the movie, and then fix them with new commands.

Result:  FAIL

Attempt #2 (1 hour):

-save my file as AS2 and try and use the orignal commands from my tutorial.

Result:  FAIL.  (Bonus, AS3 buttons stopped working)

I have no idea why these damn scripts don't work.. even when I don't get errors.. oh well.. screw it... I'm done with this crap tonight...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

yes i ran into this same problem i got the code for 2 not 3 so i had to research for code 3. i cant remember if i posted a tutorial site with just action script 3 on paiges blog or not, i will double check and if i didnt ill search and try to find it for ya