Thursday, March 5, 2009

How they made Benjamin Button

I don't know how many of you have seen the movie, but there were a lot of special effects used to bring Brad Pitt at various ages to life in that Benjamin Button movie. I just came across this video of a presentation one of the creators gave about the technology behind this. It isn't really graphic design, but some of you might find this interesting (talkin to you James!) Anyway, I didn't even watch the whole thing, but I saw like the last 6 or 7 minutes and found it quite facinating.... anyway, take a look...

How they made the Curious Case of Benjamin Button

ALSO

I just came across another link for a free web bases vector editor. I clicked the link and it loaded up in less than 30 seconds and looks very similar to illustrator. I guess if you ever need to design a logo on the go, this could be an option. Pretty cool stuff though.. go to this like and click on the vector editor named RAVEN

2 comments:

John said...

Raven is actually pretty damn sweet! I keep trying to use Adobe hotkeys though. I could seriously see myself using this if I found myself without my own computer and Illustrator.

Jason said...

yea.... same here... it'd be great to use it when you're away from your computer to jot down a quick idea.. then email it to yourself...